Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hu.....


Who Am I

What is to be done, O Moslems?
for I do not recognize myself.

I am neither Christian, nor Jew, nor Gabr, nor Moslem.

I am not of the East, nor of the West,
nor of the land, nor of the sea;

I am not of Nature's mint,
nor of the circling' heaven.

I am not of earth, nor of water,
nor of air, nor of fire;
I am not of the empyrean, nor of the dust,
nor of existence, nor of entity.

I am not of India, nor of China,
nor of Bulgaria, nor of Saqsin
I am not of the kingdom of 'Iraqian,
nor of the country of Khorasan

I am not of the this world, nor of the next,
nor of Paradise, nor of Hell

I am not of Adam, nor of Eve,
nor of Eden and Rizwan.

My place is the Placeless,
my trace is the Traceless;

'Tis neither body nor soul,
for I belong to the soul of the Beloved.

I have put duality away,
I have seen that the two worlds are one;

One I seek, One I know,
One I see, One I call.

He is the first, He is the last,
He is the outward, He is the inward;

I know none other
except 'Ya Hu' and 'Ya man Hu.'

I am intoxicated with Love's cup,
the two worlds have passed out of my ken;
I have no business save carouse and revelry.

If once in my life I spent a moment without thee,
From that time and from that hour I repent of my life.

If once in this world I win a moment with thee,
I will trample on both worlds,
I will dance in triumph for ever.

O Shamsi Tabriz,
I am so drunken in this world,
That except of drunkenness and revelry
I have no tale to tell.

Rumi
From Divan-i Shams


I Have Learned So Much

I
Have
Learned
So much from God

That I can no longer
Call
Myself
A Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim,
A Buddhist, a Jew.

The Truth has shared so much of Itself
With me

That I can no longer call myself
A man, a woman, an angel,
Or even pure
Soul.

Love has
Befriended Hafiz so completely
It has turned to ash
And freed
Me
Of every concept and image
My mind has ever known.

Hafiz - The Gift
Translation by Daniel Ladinsky
Related Posts with Thumbnails