Tuesday, June 11, 2019

In my soul

"In 
my soul

there is a temple, a shrine, a mosque, a church
where I kneel. 

Prayer should bring us to an altar where no walls or names exist.
Is there not a region of love where the sovereignty 

illumined nothing,
where ecstasy gets poured into itself

and becomes
lost,

where the wing is fully alive
but has no mind or body?

In 
my soul

there is a temple, a shrine, a mosque,
a church

that dissolve, that
dissolve in

God."

~ Rabia al-Adawiyyah of Basri





Who Am I?
I am neither Christian, nor Jew, nor Gabr, nor Moslem.
(Rumi)


I Have Learned So Much
I can no longer call myself A christian, a hindu, a muslim, a buddhist, a jew.
I can no longer call myself a man, a woman, an angel, even pure Soul.
(Hafiz)




God was nowhere else to be found.
(Rumi)

Related Posts with Thumbnails